What the hell is she wearing?

What the hell is she wearing?

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011, a style odyssey

As every new year begins, I have hopes that big things will come to pass for me. I have aspirations that this blog will become something amazing, that my style will continue to move in a direction I feel expresses who I am... yet none of these things seem attainable, at least through the critical lenses of my own eyes.

I agonize over my look sometimes. I see other women dressed up on the streets and I think to myself "I want to look more like that." Sometimes it's that I wish to dress more feminine. Sometimes edgier, sometimes classier. Yet I always fall back into the comfort of the look that is mine, and much like everything else about me, I'm not really sure what that is. And isn't that so fitting for me? Changing on a daily basis, unsure of what it is, unsure if I like it, unsure where it's going. And in that case, my style EXACTLY represents me. Restless. Discontented. Unsatisfied. And so begins another year of trying to find peace of mind, trying to chase who I am. Evolving. Changing. Growing. And I expect my style to follow suit. Stick around. I can guarantee there will be many outfits that will inspire you (and me) to wonder "What the hell is she wearing?"

In this photo: Crown Vintage victorian lace-up boots, hunter green high-wasted Slim Fit American Apparel jeans, vintage black sweater w/ gold flecks from Swellegant, vintage pea-coat with faux fur collar.

(Shout out to my photographer/roommate, B.B.)


No comments:

Post a Comment